This recipe is a favorite of kids because they get three cookies in one! Combining three different flavors of dough - chocolate chip, peanut butter and chocolate - is a fun and tasty idea.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into thirds. Add chocolate chips to one portion, peanut butter to another and melted chocolate to the third portion. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Roll 1/2 teaspoonfuls of dough into balls. For each cookie, place three balls (one of each dough) with edges touching on ungreased baking sheets to form a cloverleaf.
- Place cookies 2 in. apart. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 150 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Cloverleaf Cookies in Best of Country Cookies