Total TimePrep: 30 min. + cooling
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups large marshmallows (about 40)
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 6 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- Green sprinkles
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add marshmallows; cook and stir over low heat until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in extract and cereal. With buttered hands, press mixture into a greased foil-lined 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Turn onto a cutting board; remove foil. Cut with a 3-in. shamrock cookie cutter; reshape shamrock stem if needed (save scraps for another use).
- In a microwave, melt candy coating at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in food coloring if desired. Spoon over cutouts and spread evenly. Decorate with sprinkles. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 156 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Mar 13, 2016
What a fun idea for St. Patrick's Day!!!
Mar 16, 2015
The recipe is perfect for st. Patrick's day.
Mar 2, 2012
I?m planning the St. Patrick?s Day party for my daughter?s class. I can?t wait to make these..they will be a hit with the kids! I found some cello candy bags from Box and Wrap that have shamrocks on the bags?.so cute. It?s the extra special touches that make the party great. Thanks so much for the recipe.
Feb 15, 2012
not very easy to shape, but the grandchildren loved them at our brunch on the morning of the St. Patrick Day parade.
Jun 16, 2011
I make this recipe every March ever since it came out. My granddaughters love them. I do not use the candy coating tho, i ice with a butter icing tinted green and then the sprinkles.
Jun 13, 2011
This recipe tasted so bad and I would never make it again
Feb 24, 2011
Absolutely fabulous! I donated to day care center and kids ( mom's) were extremely impressed
Apr 3, 2010
We enjoyed these cookies, the melted candy gave them the added touch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.