Clove Tube Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well (mixture will appear curdled). Combine the flour, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack; cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 348 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 275mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 21, 2014
Made this on a day off because I had the ingredients on hand - this is delicious and addictive!
Dec 29, 2013
1 tsp pure vanilla extract added to the ingredients brings this cake to royal perfection!
Jul 6, 2008
In the fall, this is wonderful with a dollop of whipped cream and a hot cup of tea (with milk and sugar, of course!)