Clouds at Sunset
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 6 large carrots, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Salt and pepper to taste
- PEAS SOUP FOG:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes, carrots and garlic in a saucepan; cover with water. bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain; reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- In a bowl, mash potatoes, carrots and garlic. Beat in milk, butter, salt and pepper until light and fluffy. Set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add reserved cooking liquid. Combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; stir into meat mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in peas, bouillon, salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Serve over mashed potatoes.
Mar 12, 2011
The recipe is good, you need to add a few extra spices to get the flavor you like, but besides that it is good.
May 12, 2010
I made this recipe when it first appeared in TOH several years ago. I liked it, and I think I may make a few changes when I serve it again. The meat mixture was a tad bland, so I'll add some garlic powder and steak seasoning. I'd also like to try using sweet potato in place of the carrots.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.