"We have three children and a busy life in the country," relates Anne Drouin of Dunnville, Ontario. "So I appreciate not having to dirty extra pots and pans when I make this one-skillet dish of chicken and pasta in a light tomato sauce."
Recommended: 23 Spring Salad Ideas That’ll Up Your Veggie Game
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook chicken and onion in oil until onion is tender; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, add the tomatoes, broth, basil and pepper to the skillet. Bring to a boil; stir in spaghetti.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Return chicken to pan; cook until a thermometer reads 170° and spaghetti is tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Clock-Watcher Chicken in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p59
Reviews forClock-Watcher Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 1, 2013