Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup clementine juice (about 5 clementines)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon grated clementine peel
- 4 clementines, peeled, sectioned and membrane removed
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated clementine peel
- 5 to 6 teaspoons clementine juice
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 clementine sections with membrane (about 2-1/2 clementines)
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Place one clementine section in the center of each; gently press down into batter. Chop remaining sections; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, clementine peel and enough juice to achieve spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Dip clementine sections halfway into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; refrigerate until set. Place one on each cupcake.
1 each: 238 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.