Classy Carrots Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Place carrots and water in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Stir in the onions, butter, oregano, garlic salt and pepper. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until carrots are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 121 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 222mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Classy Carrots
"I didn't have green onions home so I just left them out. Very tasty!~ Theresa"
"Delicious flavor. Nice way to dress up a vegetable, alter the flavor a bit, and make it appear as something special with so little work."