Classic Wilted Lettuce Salad Recipe
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cut up
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 green onions with tops, sliced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 to 10 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain.
- 2. To the hot drippings, add the vinegar, water, onions, sugar, salt and pepper, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- 3. Place lettuce in a salad bowl; immediately pour dressing over and toss lightly. Top with egg. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 118 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 227mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Classic Wilted Lettuce Salad
"Grew up eating very similar but you forgot to throw in some slice and fried new potatoes."
"Very easy & delicious recipe! I added an additional hard boiled egg as we like them."
"And what are we supposed to do with the bacon? Logically, I can figure it out, but you didn't include it in your instructions."
"Very good for a summer or hot day. Last a while ,for one person. My grandmother has made this for me when I was a kid."