VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 2 frozen bread dough rolls, thawed
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. On a lightly floured surface, knead the two rolls together. Roll dough into a 7-1/2-in. circle.
- Transfer to a greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Spread pizza sauce over dough; sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese, sausage, mushrooms, onion and remaining cheese. Top with Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 375° for 20-22 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Classic Pizza in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p204