Classic Pepperoni Pizza
My friend Joan gave me this recipe before I married. It is a basic pizza recipe…easy to make…and toppings can be added to suit anyone.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + standing Bake: 20 min.
Makes2 pizzas (6 slices each)
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 package (3 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the oil, sugar, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rest in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. On a floured surface, roll out each portion into a 10-in. circle. Transfer to two greased 12-in. pizza pans; build up edges slightly. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, onion, garlic, salt and pepper; spread over crust. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and oregano. Arrange pepperoni over top; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.