- 3/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1/3 cup beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- FOR ROASTED POTATOES (pictured below right):
- 6 medium potatoes (about 2 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup olive or vegetable oil
- FOR ONION SOUP:
- 4 cups water
- FOR ONION DIP:
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- Assorted raw vegetables, chips or crackers
- Combine the first five ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 4 batches (20 tablespoons total).
Reviews forClassic Onion Soup Mix
"This works very well as a substitute for packaged onion soup mix. I keep a jar of it on hand in my pantry."
"It's not hard to make this a vegetarian dish. Simply substitute vegetarian bouillon for the beef."
"Not really a vegetarian dish, if it contains beef bouillon. TOH, be more careful with your listings!"