Classic Light Tuna Noodle Casserole
This recipe updates an old classic by using low-fat products. It's a rich, creamy casserole that will satisfy the whole family.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained
- 1 container (8 ounces) egg substitute
- 1 cup cooked no-yolk medium noodles
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, water, milk, mustard, and pepper until blended. In a nonstick skillet, celery and onions in oil until celery is tender. Stir the vegetables, tuna, egg substitute and noodles into the soup mixture. Pour into a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 334 calories, 8g fat (0 saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 697mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Light Tuna Noodle Casserole in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Second Edition
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.