Classic Italian Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup water, divided
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2 to 3 pounds), cut up
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg and 1 tablespoon water. Place the bread crumbs in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumbs. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until browned; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the soup, onion, garlic powder, basil, oregano and remaining water. Return chicken to pan. Cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 257 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 430mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Sep 5, 2010
With it's easy 10 minute set-up I was able to whip up a bunch in just 13 minutes. But, even though they were fast and easy to make, they weren't the best, while they weren't horrible either. I recommend for someone who doesn't have alot of time to fix something and wants an okay meal.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.