Classic Hot Fudge Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makesabout 1 cup
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 6 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, milk and corn syrup. Cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in butter until melted. Cook and stir 5 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
Nutrition Facts3 tablespoons: 213 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Aug 14, 2019
I'd made this recipe 6/22/2019. I'd used 7 Tbsp. of half and half cream. This was an easy recipe to prepare and it was delicious!
Aug 8, 2019
It got mixed reviews from my family. Some said it was on the bitter side. I added more sweetener and then they agreed it was good. I probably won't make it again.
Jun 19, 2019
Easy to make and wonderful fudgy flavor! I also used milk chocolate chips in this recipe.
Feb 5, 2011
Excellent flavor and easy to make.
Mar 17, 2010
I've made this twice. Both times I used milk chocolate chips. Delicious
Dec 20, 2009
I have made this hot fudge sauce a couple times now. It stays soft in the fridge and doesn't get grainy like other hot fudge recipes do. It has a very semi-sweet taste, the next time I make this I will try it with milk chocolate chips.