Classic Frosted Pumpkin Bars
Classic pumpkin bars are a staple for fall get-togethers and always disappear at potlucks and parties.—Sandra McKenzie, Braham, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 30 pumpkin-shaped candies
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients. Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar; mix well. Spread over top. Cut into 30 bars; top each bar with a pumpkin candy.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 274 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.