Classic Crisp Sugar Cookies
Bring back fond memories of baking with mom by whipping up a batch of these classic treats. Simple, yet satisfying, they're a surefire way to create your own memorable baking moments.
Total TimePrep: 20 min.+ chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Powdered Sugar
- Additional Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- In a large bowl, cream sugar, butter and shortening until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until the dough is easy to handle.
- On a powdered sugar-covered surface, roll out dough to 1/8 in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.