Classic Coconut-Pecan Pie
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add sugar, butter, lemon juice and vanilla; mix well. Stir in coconut and pecans; pour into pie shell. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until set. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 519 calories, 31g fat (16g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 1, 2014
Easy to make and delicious! My husband wants this pie to be our new holiday tradition! Rich and just the right amount of nuts! Esther
Feb 28, 2013
This an excellent pie recipe and people really enjoy it. I have made a few for friends and they love it. Just me but, I used light brown sugar and it took it to another level and it added a richness that was even better!
Oct 23, 2012
I've made this pie since it was first published in Taste of Home. It is a family favorite and I have been asked many times for the recipe.
Nov 20, 2010
If you like a pie that is rich and sweet, this is the one for you. It is good, but in small doses. I substituted almonds for the pecans.