Classic Cheesecake Recipe
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 4-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in lemon juice and peel.
- 3. Pour over crust. Return pan to baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from the oven; let stand for 5 minutes (leave oven on).
- 4. Combine topping ingredients; carefully spread over filling. Bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan just before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe may be prepared in a 2-cup baking dish. Prepare as directed. Increase topping amounts to the following: 3/4 cup sour cream, 2 tablespoons sugar and 3/4 teaspoon vanilla.
1 each: 488 calories, 32g fat (19g saturated fat), 196mg cholesterol, 323mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Classic Cheesecake
"This is really worth a try. I made it with the recipe I got from Gourmandia and it's really love by everyone. I would definitely be doing this again for my family."