Classic Bumbleberry Pie Recipe
What a delightful ending to any meal! Apple, raspberries and rhubarb work in unison to create this fresh-flavored pie. Judy Parker - Albuquerque, New Mexico
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sugar and tapioca. Stir in the rhubarb, apple and raspberries; toss gently to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to 1 in. beyond edge of plate. Spoon filling into crust. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Cut slits in pastry. Place pastry over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake 30-35 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 459 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 82g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Classic Bumbleberry Pie
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC