- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in blueberries. Pour into greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over blueberry mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forClassic Blueberry Buckle
"Made this for the first time and it was very good, husband liked it also and he is very picky."
"Can this be made with frozen blueberries with similar results. Blueberry season is over."
"I Love it, but I make some changes: black sugar, oatmeal instead of half of the flour, and the result is a delicious and health recipe. many thanks, Ana Lucia"
"This was very good. I added 1 tsp vanilla."
"I just finished making this recipe for the umpteenth time, and It continues to be an all-time family favorite, for sure. It is easy to make, so moist, and delicious. We like to eat it for breakfast with coffee. Today, I made a dozen muffins from the recipe- instead of baking it in a pan- just bake for 18 minutes. I have made this many times to gift to others."
"My husband loves Blueberry Buckle and this is a good recipe."
"This is amazing! So easy, too! My 11 yo daughter and I made it, following the directions exactly, and it came out perfectly and sooooo delicious!!!"
"I liked everything about this recipe except I would definitely cut down on the sugar in the topping to 1/2 cup - I just felt it was a bit too sweet."
"I doubled this recipe and put it in a 13 x 9" pan. This is by far the best buckle recipe I've ever tried! It is now my go-to during blueberry season. The top is super crunchy, and the cake light and delicious. Lots of compliments from my co-workers! My image stays strong--thanks Taste of home!!"