Classic Black Tie Cheesecake
Recipe courtesy of Alice CurrahWant more holiday cheesecake and dessert recipes? Take a peek at our Sweets of the Season Guide. Get recipes >
Total TimeTotal Time: 6 hours 35 min. (including refrigerating)
- 18 chocolate sandwich cookies, finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup BREAKSTONE'S® or KNUDSEN® Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups raspberries, divided
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- HEAT oven to 325°F.
- MIX cookie crumbs and butter until blended; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 12 min.
- BEAT cream cheese and 1 cup sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add sour cream, whipping cream and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
- BAKE 1 hour or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours. Meanwhile, bring 1 cup raspberries, remaining sugar, jam and water to boil in saucepan; simmer on medium-low heat 5 min. or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly. Pour into blender. Add lemon juice; blend until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- POUR Topping over Cheesecake just before serving; top with remaining raspberries.
Size-wise: Looking for a special treat? One serving of this cheesecake is full of sweet raspberry flavor.
Originally published as Classic Black Tie Cheesecake in Philadelphia® Cream Cheese - Sweets of the Season
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.