VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out half of the pastry into a 13-in. circle. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom; trim pastry even with edge.
- In a bowl, combine the cranberries, apples, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Pour into crust. Dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut out with a floured 1-in. apple cookie cutter. Place over filling.
- Place tart pan on a warm baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is hot and bubbly and crust is golden. Serve warm. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Apple Cranberry Tart in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p280
Reviews forClassic Apple Cranberry Tart
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review