VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound kosher salt
- 1 dozen fresh cherrystone clams
- 1/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Spread salt into a metal oven-safe serving platter or a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Shuck clams, reserving bottom shells; drain liquid (save for another use). Arrange clams in salt-lined pan.
- Combine the bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons parsley, oil, garlic, cayenne and pepper; spoon over clams.
- Bake at 450° for 15-18 minutes or until clams are firm and bread crumb mixture is crisp and golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Serve immediately. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Clams Casino in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p180