Clam Chowder for One Recipe
If you love the classic clam chowders served in many restaurants, I know you'll enjoy this recipe. It tastes better than any other versions I've tried. You'll be delighted with this soup's easy preparation.—Donna Smith, Fairport, New York
- 1/2 cup cubed peeled potato
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams, drained
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, cook potato, onion, salt and pepper in water until vegetables are tender (do not drain). Add clams, milk, butter and bacon; heat through (do not boil). Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
2 cups: 486 calories, 30g fat (15g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 1429mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Clam Chowder for One
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC