Clam Chowder for One
If you love the classic clam chowders served in many restaurants, I know you'll enjoy this recipe. It tastes better than any other versions I've tried. You'll be delighted with this soup's easy preparation.—Donna Smith, Fairport, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup cubed peeled potato
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams, drained
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a small saucepan, cook potato, onion, salt and pepper in water until vegetables are tender (do not drain). Add clams, milk, butter and bacon; heat through (do not boil). Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 486 calories, 30g fat (15g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 1429mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Clam Chowder for One in Taste of Home April/May 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.