Citrusy Fruit Kabobs
Fresh, fruity—and lower in sodium and fat—this kabob recipe is a great pick! —Mary Relyea, Canastota, New York
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 24 fresh strawberries
- 16 cubes fresh pineapple
- 2 small bananas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- 2. Thread fruit onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. Brush with half of glaze. Lightly oil grill rack.
- 3. Grill, covered, over medium heat until lightly browned, 5-7 minutes, turning occasionally and basting frequently with remaining glaze. Just before serving, sprinkle with mint. Serve warm.
1 kabob: 83 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC