Citrusy Fruit Kabobs Recipe
Fresh, fruity—and lower in sodium and fat—this kabob recipe is a great pick! —Mary Relyea, Canastota, New York
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 24 fresh strawberries
- 16 cubes fresh pineapple
- 2 small bananas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- 2. Thread fruit onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. Brush with half of glaze. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned, turning occasionally and basting frequently with remaining glaze. Just before serving, sprinkle with mint. Serve warm. Yield: 8 kabobs.
1 kabob: 83 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Reviews for Citrusy Fruit Kabobs
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC