Citrusy Avocado Crab Salad Recipe
"Since my husband and I are now retired, we love to treat family and friends to favorite dishes like this refresing and attractive salad," relates Jackie Allen of Belfair, Washington. "We use local Dungeness crab and sometime substitute shrimp, which is just as nice."
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- 1 pound frozen crabmeat, thawed, flaked and cartilage remove or 2-1/2 cups flaked imitation crabmeat
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained and halved
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a bowl, combine sour cream and orange juice concentrate until smooth. Add enough milk to reach desired consistency. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. On a serving platter, arrange greens, crab, avocados, fruit and eggs. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 285 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 156mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Citrusy Avocado Crab Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC