Citrus Veggie Stir-Fry
Crunchy cashews and citrus-seasoned sauce will stir your appetite for this colorful vegetable medley. "My husband requests the meatless entree often," says Dorothy Swanson of St. Louis, Missouri, "so it's on the menu at least once a month."
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup salted cashews
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients until blended; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry carrots and peppers in oil for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and snow peas; stir-fry for 6 minutes. Add green onions; stir-fry for 3 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir orange juice mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cashews. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 400 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 starch, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Citrus Veggie Stir-Fry in Light & Tasty August/September 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.