My sister Sandra shared this recipe with me, so around my house we call it "Sandi's Citrus Turkey".
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 turkey breast tenderloin (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt to taste, optional
- Pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Rub garlic over all sides of tenderloin. Place in a greased shallow 5-cup baking dish. Pour the orange juice, 1/4 cup broth and lemon juice over turkey. Sprinkle with the thyme, salt if desired and pepper.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-20 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear and a thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally. Remove turkey to a serving platter and keep warm.
- For sauce, pour drippings and loosened browned bits into a measuring cup. Skim fat; pour drippings into a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth. Stir into drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey.