- 1 medium pink grapefruit
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 tuna steak or fillets (6 ounces each)
- Peel and section grapefruit over a bowl, reserving juice. Refrigerate half of the grapefruit sections. Add remaining grapefruit to the reserved grapefruit juice. Add the lemon juice, lime juice, honey, dill, red pepper flakes and ginger. Remove 1/4 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the tuna steaks. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill tuna, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-7 minutes on each side, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
- Top tuna steaks with reserved grapefruit sections. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCitrus Tuna Steaks
"Simple and easy, fresh ingredients make this recipe delicious! I made it with ahi steaks on my grill plate and unfortunately left them go a little too long... They ended up slightly over cooked so be careful about following the time recommendations. The citrus flavor with the dill and tuna is wonderful! Very refreshing and flavorful."