Utilizing convenience products and a can of mandarin oranges, Janice Prytz created this lightly sweet, tasty dessert. “This is a recipe I use time and again, always with rave reviews,” writes the Murrieta, California reader.
Recommended: 50 Swoon-Worthy Layered Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 jar (10 ounces) lemon curd
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Place the lemon curd in a large bowl; fold in half of the whipped topping until blended. Split cake horizontally into three layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with 1/2 cup lemon curd mixture. Repeat layers; replace cake top.
- Spread top with remaining lemon curd mixture. Frost sides with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with mandarin oranges. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Torte in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p13