"This little dessert is always popular at church bake sales and family gatherings," notes Sandra Kea of Nashville, North Carolina. "The men in my family are sometimes hard to please, but they really enjoy these. Even when I make extra tarts, they all disappear."
Recommended: 35 Treats Quick Enough to Make on a Weeknight
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 packages (6 count each) individual graham cracker tart shells
- Additional whipped cream
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add milk, beating until smooth. Stir in orange juice concentrate, lemon juice and food coloring if desired. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon into tart shells; chill for several hours or overnight. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream; sprinkle with orange peel and lemon peel. Yield: 12 tarts.
Originally published as Citrus Tartlets in Country Woman January/February 2005, p40