- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) lemon or orange cake mix, divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cake mix, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans; set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine the pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil and remaining cake mix; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Sprinkle with pecan mixture. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm bread. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews forCitrus Streusel Quick Bread
"I added blueberries. Real Good."
"REALLY GOOD. I have already made it twice. =)"
"Our family loves this bread, my 2 young grandchild enjoy eating this. Marcia from Wisconsin"
"I lighten this awesome recipe up a bit by using nonfat yogurt instead of sour cream. Can't even tell the difference. Thanksgiving standby!"