Citrus Steak Salad Recipe
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 3/4 pound cooked beef sirloin steak, sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients; set aside. Divide romaine among four plates; top with steak, strawberries, onion, oranges, pecans and cheese. Serve with vinaigrette. Yield: 4 servings (1 cup vinaigrette).
1 serving: 794 calories, 55g fat (12g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 615mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 8g fiber), 37g protein.
Reviews for Citrus Steak Salad
"This is awesome! I used Feta cheese and it went perfect with dressing, which by the way really makes this dish. I can't wait to have company and present this salad. It is beautiful as well as tasty."
"Delicious salad! I made myself a very large salad for one using the ingredients but my own measurements. I substituted blue cheese for the goat cheese and I don't use a lot of dressing, but those were the only changes I made. I counted up the actual calories for what I consumed and got 416, which is probably a little high but is around the calorie count for similar salads. Maybe the calories are for the entire recipe and not per serving? Good salad; I will make it again."
"I will be making this tonight for dinner but 794 calories ~ could this be a mistake?"