Grapefruit and orange segments add zest to this delightful salad that's tossed with a pleasant honey-lime dressing. It's perfect for a springtime luncheon or shower. -Pauline Taylor, Spokane, Washington
Recommended: 32 Super-Refreshing Dinners to Make This Winter
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 10 cups torn fresh spinach
- 3 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium pink grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- In a blender, combine the honey, lime juice, lime peel and nutmeg; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream until dressing is thickened.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, oranges and grapefruit. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Top with onion. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Spinach Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p37
Reviews forCitrus Spinach Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2012
"Great with olive oil. Has a unique taste. Very delicious!~ Theresa"