Citrus-Spice Glazed Ham
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 2-3/4 hours
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (7 to 9 pounds)
- 1/2 cup orange juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 can (20 ounces) DOLE unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake until a thermometer reads 130°, 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup orange juice and Chinese five-spice powder; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir in brown sugar and honey. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and remaining orange juice until smooth; stir into brown sugar mixture. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Remove ham from oven. Brush with half of the glaze. Bake ham, uncovered, until a thermometer reads 140°, 15-20 minutes. Just before serving, stir fruit into remaining glaze; heat through. Serve with ham.
Nutrition Facts5 ounces cooked ham: 293 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 1392mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 39g protein.
May 13, 2019
The glaze was excellent, a nice addition to ham for a change. I ended up adding all the juice from the pineapple, the sauce was to thick for my liking. I served it with mushroom oven rice so a very nice combination. I used a blood orange so the colour was amazing. Janet. VFE