Citrus Sour Cream Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 large egg yolks, beaten
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grated orange zest
- Optional fruit toppings: mandarin oranges, sliced fresh strawberries and sliced kiwifruit
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. In a small bowl, combine the egg yolks, orange juice, milk and lemon juice; stir into sugar mixture until smooth.
- Microwave on high for 5-7 minutes or just until mixture reaches 160°, stirring every minute. Cool to room temperature; press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Fold in sour cream; pour filling into crust. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over pie. Sprinkle with orange zest; top with fruit if desired.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 piece (calculated without fruit toppings): 386 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 25, 2016
Delicious and easy to prepare. This is a keeper exactly as written. Definitely a 5* recipe. Ignore the rating by Selkat as there were so many changes to this recipe that she or he created their own recipe and reviewed it, not the original.
Apr 26, 2012
I started by replacing the sour cream with light sour cream and using 1/2 C stevia in the Raw C for C.For the topping I used lite Cool Whip and used the orange peal and fruit just as you did. I haven't figured the calories saved, fat saved or sugar saved, but I know I took out all the guilt!
May 2, 2011
Delicious and easy to make. I made it 3 different times, one being Easter dessert. It was a big hit and I have requests to make it again. I heated it on the stove vs the microwave though. Great recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.