Citrus Sirloin Steak
The mild citrus flavor of Carol Towey's marinade offers a nice change of pace from usual steak seasonings. "It's easy to prepare the steak the night before, then throw it on the grill before dinner," says the Pasadena, California cook.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 20 min.
- 2 medium unpeeled lemons, quartered
- 1 medium unpeeled orange, quartered
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (about 2-1/2 pounds and about 1-3/4 inches thick)
- In a skillet, cook the lemon and orange wedges in oil over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring often. Add garlic; cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer. Place steak in a shallow glass baking dish; pierce meat every inch with a fork. Pour citrus mixture over meat; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning three or four times.
- Drain and discard marinade. On a covered grill over medium-hot heat, cook steak for 9-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).