- 1 medium green or sweet red pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 4 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked rice or pasta
- In a large skillet, saute the pepper, onions and garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add scallops, salt and pepper flakes; cook for 4 minutes. Add lime juice and peel; cook for 1 minute. Reduce heat. Add orange sections and cilantro; cook 2 minutes longer or until scallops are opaque. Serve with rice or pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCitrus Scallops
"This was delicious. The only thing heavy about it was the pasta and we opted for angel hair. I would recommend prepping all ingredients beforehand, as the cooking times per the directions are spot on. Pleasantly spicy! My husband says he'd "pay for this at a restaurant!" so we will definitely prepare this again. Thank you!"