Take lemony salmon fillets to the next level with a fresh, colorful homemade salsa. Just add a simple side of rice for a complete dinner. —Tiffany Hartpence, Lander, WY
Recommended: 57 Recipes with Fresh Herbs
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, pineapple, basil, lime juice, shallots, soy sauce, brown sugar and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cover and chill until serving.
- Place fillets in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; pour broth into dish. Sprinkle fillets with lemon peel and remaining pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Citrus Salmon Fillets with Salsa in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p64