Citrus Rice Recipe
Rice is favored in my family so I make this pleasant, citrus side dish often.
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium orange, peeled, seeded and cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute celery and onions in butter until tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Add the orange juice, water and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- 3. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in orange pieces; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 233 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 482mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Citrus Rice
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC