Citrus Rice Pilaf
Food doesn't have to be made from scratch to have great homemade flavor. Here packaged rice mix gets added flair from crunchy snow peas and water chestnuts.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (6.9 ounces) chicken-flavored rice and vermicelli mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-3/4 cups water
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 to 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute rice mix in butter until golden brown. Stir in water and contents of rice seasoning packet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in peas, water chestnuts, marmalade and pepper. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until rice and vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 284 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 767mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Citrus Rice Pilaf in 2001 Taste of Home Calendar
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.