- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped candied lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped candied orange peel
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla, lemon peel and orange peel. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately with yogurt. Beat just until combined.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and enough lemon juice to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with candied lemon and orange peel. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forCitrus Pound Cake
"jje trouve que ces un tr es bon gateau"
"Wasn't a fan....very dry...which was surprising with the yogurt...would not make again...salvaged by making it into strawberry shortcake"
"This is very good!"
"Stonyfield and Brown Cow also make two great-tasting lemon yogurts..."
"Yoplait makes an non diet lemon yogurt, but you need to find a grocery store that carries an abundance of yoplait flavors."
"I wondered about the Lemon Yogurt, thanks for the suggestion. I am making this cake this weekend for Easter!"
"Lemon yogurt is impossible to find. The best I could do was a "diet" lemon creme pie and I worried how the aspartame would cook. It was ok, but if I made it again I think I would try to find a non-lite yogurt in a citrus flavor."
"Nice one!! Will make this again for sure."