"These pork chops are so easy to prepare with a nice not-too-sweet flavor," assures Erika Niehoff of Eveleth, Minnesota. "The original recipe came from my dad, and it's one of my family's favorites."
Recommended: 60 Favorite Slow Cooker Pork Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chops for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. In the same skillet, cook garlic for 1 minute. Stir in the orange juice concentrate, broth and Worcestershire sauce; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup sauce over pork. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, basting twice with sauce.
- Bring the remaining sauce to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup. Serve pork chops with sauce and rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orange Pork Chops in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p13
Reviews forCitrus Pork Chops
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 23, 2010
"My family loved it! I think next time I would use a tad bit more Worcestershire sauce"