- 2 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- In a bowl, combine biscuit mix and sugar. In a small bowl, beat the egg, orange juice and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans and marmalade. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill two-thirds full with batter.
- Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove to a wire rack.
1 each: 200 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate, 1g fiber), 3g protein.