- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup salted roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- Place carrots and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, combine the preserves, butter, orange juice, lemon zest and pepper. Cook, uncovered, on high for 30-45 seconds or until butter is melted. Pour over carrots; sprinkle with almonds and toss to coat.
Test Kitchen tip
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
3/4 cup: 193 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
- Jun 15, 2019
Doesn't look appealing to the eye. !!!
- Jun 1, 2019
Oh my, so easy and so good! I just tried this recipe from the April/May 2019 Simple and Delicious and glad I did. I had everything on hand except almonds, so I subbed coarsely chopped pecans. This side dish came together in a flash and got 2 thumbs up from me, husband, and 5 year old granddaughter. Lynne, Volunteer Field Editor