Citrus Peach Carrots
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup salted roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- Place carrots and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, combine the preserves, butter, orange juice, lemon zest and pepper. Cook, uncovered, on high for 30-45 seconds or until butter is melted. Pour over carrots; sprinkle with almonds and toss to coat.
Test Kitchen tip
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 193 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 15, 2019
Doesn't look appealing to the eye. !!!
Jun 1, 2019
Oh my, so easy and so good! I just tried this recipe from the April/May 2019 Simple and Delicious and glad I did. I had everything on hand except almonds, so I subbed coarsely chopped pecans. This side dish came together in a flash and got 2 thumbs up from me, husband, and 5 year old granddaughter. Lynne, Volunteer Field Editor