Citrus Peach Carrots
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup salted roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- Place carrots and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, combine the preserves, butter, orange juice, lemon zest and pepper. Cook, uncovered, on high for 30-45 seconds or until butter is melted. Pour over carrots; sprinkle with almonds and toss to coat.
Test Kitchen tip
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 192 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Originally published as Citrus Peach Carrots in Simple & Delicious April/May 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.