Citrus Nut Biscotti Recipe
I lived in Italy for over seven years and started every morning meal with biscotti. This version features walnuts and the refreshing flavors of lemon and orange.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon each almond, rum and vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the walnuts, lemon peel and orange peel.
- 2. Divide dough in half. On a greased baking sheet, shape each half into an 11-in. x 3-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- 3. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 15 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1/2-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes on each side. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 each: 100 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Citrus Nut Biscotti
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC