Citrus Mint Cooler
My grandmother used to make this refreshing drink for those hot Oklahoma summer days. The family would sit on the front porch relaxing while sipping this drink. Here in California, where lemons, oranges and mint are so abundant, my family has found equal enjoyment sitting in the shade and drinking a tall glass of this thirst-quenching cooler.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
Makesabout 15 servings
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
- 1 cup orange juice (about 6 oranges)
- 10 mint sprigs
- 1 bottle (32 ounces) ginger ale, chilled
- Cold water
- Ice cubes
- Place first five ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Cover; remove from heat and let steep until cool. Strain. Cover and refrigerate.
- To serve, fill chilled glasses or a pitcher with equal amounts of fruit juice, ginger ale and water. Add ice and serve immediately.