Citrus Honeydew Sorbet
I serve this refreshing dish between courses or as a delicious dessert. When I was young, my mom used to make this in the summer. —Patricia Hancock, Hawthorne, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cups cubed honeydew melon
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar and orange and lime juices to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved; set aside to cool.
- Place the honeydew in a food processor; add sugar syrup and lime and lemon zests. Cover and process for 1-2 minutes or until smooth.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish. Freeze for 1 hour or until edges begin to firm; stir. Freeze 3 hours longer or until firm.
- Just before serving, transfer to a food processor; cover and process for 1-2 minutes or until smooth.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 197 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 11mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Melon Sorbet in Reminisce August/September 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.